In this episode, Sharon Lee talks with Alex Snedeker about her recent trip around the world, her background, and what she brought from this trip. Alex talks about her path to renewables and her experience in this field. They delve into solar monitoring and the current trends in solar energy, such as financial monitoring and integration, attending the RE+ Show Event, and how Alex mentors young people in the renewable field.
Sharon Lee taps over a decade of solar sales experience, having led the creation of a solar division for a leading manufacturing/construction firm, resulting in over 17 MW of solar in its portfolio, as well as solar ultimately becoming its highest-grossing revenue vertical. Lee has been involved in the GA Solar Energy Association, serving on the board of directors as the marketing chair, organizing the annual conference, as well as vice-chair, and ultimately the first female chair of the organization in 2015. She is also a charter member of the Professional Women in Building chapter of the Greater Atlanta Homebuilders Association, a member of the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), and Women in Solar Energy (WISE). Lee earned her B.S. degree in communications with double minors in marketing and psychology from Middle Tennessee State University, after spending three years at the University of Tennessee in the pre-health curriculum. Lee is the mom of two boys, ages 14 and 11, and a rabid college football fan. She and her husband, John, spend most of their free time at the baseball or football fields unless they can steal away for a quick round of golf.
Alex Snedeker is the Principal of Wattch and she uses big data, behavioral economics, and process optimization to help growth organizations deliver the largest impact for the smallest price.
Insights from this Episode
- Alex’s trip around the world
- Alex’s background and how it influenced her path toward renewables
- Her experience in renewables
- Monitoring solar arrays
- Trends in monitoring
- Attending the RE+ Show Event
- Sharon Lee meeting Abby Hooper at the RE+ Show Event
- Alex’s insights into mentorship
- Sharon Lee’s next guest on the podcast (Kelly Pickerel)
- Alex signing up for improv classes
Quotes from the Show:
- “That’s what this podcast is about: strong women with passion and determination. I love lifting up these incredible stories” —Sharon Lee in “The Sunnyside Podcast”
- “My path has had a lot of twists and turns, even though I knew I wanted to be in the environmental field, it’s very vast and there is a lot of different areas that you can play in (…) but I think connecting with people in the industry is really how it goes” —Alex Snedeker in “The Sunnyside Podcast”
- “That’s a testament to solar marketing: that it’s almost too effective because now everyone sees solar as so easy to maintain that you don’t have to monitor it” —Alex Snedeker in “The Sunnyside Podcast”
- “It (the RE+ Show Event) was definitely great to see people from outside the kind of companies and events that you would normally go to, and see really a broader spectrum and cross-section of renewables industry” —Alex Snedeker in “The Sunnyside Podcast”
- “Some of the hardest things to figure out when you are on the outside and you don’t have a lot of work experience, there is a lot of breadth and depth to the energy industry” —Alex Snedeker in “The Sunnyside Podcast”
LinkedIn: Sharon Lee
Facebook: Sharon Lee
LinkedIn: Alex Snedeker
Subscribe to our podcast + download each episode on Spotify.
This episode was produced and managed by Podcast Laundry.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.